Thursday, January 17, 2008

Super Smokers

I feel like I've been living a lie... I listed "barbecue" on my blog profile yet I've never mentioned it in a blog yet. It's time to come clean. Here's a place I stopped by just west of St Louis on my way to Springfield, MO earlier this week. I had ribs, pulled pork, baked beans & jalapeno cornbread. Not exactly easy to eat while driving down the interstate, but sometimes you've got to do what you've got to do. The ribs were great, sauce on the side just like it should be. The pork was a little mushy, but pulled and not chopped. (Just like it should be too) They're closed on Sunday so you can attend worship services, so I liked it even better then.

While in Springfield I passed several real BBQ joints but didn't make it to any of them. I went to college and grad school there, so I had to hit all the old places instead. (Mexican Villa for a Sancho and Jade East for Springfield Cashew Chicken)

That's my un-inspirational post for the day, but I feel better now.

Be Refreshed!

Proverb of the Day: Proverbs 17:1 Better a dry crust with peace and quiet than a house full of feasting, with strife.

Scripture of the Day: Exodus 12:9 Do not eat the meat raw or cooked in water, but roast it over the fire—head, legs and inner parts.

Quote of the Day: "If you can't smell it a mile away...it ain't worth going... " Unidentified BBQ quote

No comments: