Thursday, January 24, 2008

Loos Tales













What do these two people have in common?
(other than being striking young men)



Trent and I were best friends all the way through school in Payson, IL. We rode the same school bus, slept over at each other's house, his dad was my little league baseball coach, and he stole my wallet at Busch Stadium in St Louis. I shoveled manure, baled straw, and learned why farmers wear hats at his farm. (It's so when you're spreading the manure in the fields with a wagon you don't get the manure in your hair as it flings it everywhere. At least that's what he told me.) I have a picture in my office of me with one of his favorite spot pigs growing up.

My mom sent me a clipping today of an article the local paper did on him. He travels all over America speaking up for the farmers and agriculture industry. I was able to see him speak last year. Here's a link to one of his websites.

LOOS TALES

He even mentioned me in one of his recent columns. "AS a kid, my favorite comeback to my mother was always, "but William is doing it." Her canned response was always, "If William jumps off a bridge, are you going to follow him?"" Column

Just this week Sonya was trying to get me to tell the kids at supper how Trent almost killed us when I was 15.
Good Times...

Be Refreshed!

Proverb of the Day: Proverbs 24:27 Finish your outdoor work and get your fields ready; after that, build your house.

Scripture of the Day: Acts 10:11-13 11He [Peter] saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. 12 It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles of the earth and birds of the air. 13 Then a voice told him, "Get up, Peter. Kill and eat."

Quote of the Day: "If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?" Tom Snyder

No comments: