Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sanctity of Life


What better way to celebrate Sanctity of Life Sunday than to dedicate a baby to the Lord? We dedicated little Kyle S. and mom and dad to the Lord tonight. Awesome God!

It's easy to get overwhelmed with the evil in this world on a day like today, but God reminded me this weekend of the hope I see every week in the pews. Clem who works at the crisis pregnancy center and runs their ultrasounds. John & Karol who love their special needs child. People who love and help a special needs man in our church. Kris and Heather who head to Russia Saturday to adopt a child. The different ministries supported through our missions giving. Wow. And that's just the short list. Sometimes we get overwhelmed with the big picture and we want to give up. But all God calls us to is faithfulness to our calling.

Be Refreshed!

Proverb of the Day: Proverbs 20:7 The righteous man leads a blameless life; blessed are his children after him.

Scripture of the Day: Psalm 139:13-14 13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. 14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

Quote of the Day: “America stands for liberty, for the pursuit of happiness and for the unalienable right for life. This right to life cannot be granted or denied by government because it does not come from government, it comes from the creator of life.” President George W. Bush

No comments: