Monday, January 21, 2008

Outside Politics

I'm already weary of the political season and I'm thinking it will be a long year. The rhetoric wears on with the same rhetoric we heard in every campaign. Hope, change, new day, leadership, experience, outsider, insider, etc. Here's a neat resource to compare candidates on the "big" issues. You can enter your address and it brings up the candidates and their stance on major issues. You can even choose two and it will bring their views up side by side. Check it out.

CULTURE CAMPAIGN

I listened to the entirety of the "I Have A Dream Speech" by Martin Luther King, Jr. for the first time today. I've heard the sound bites many times, but this was the first time for the whole speech. I was born in 1965 and sometimes forget that segregation isn't that old. You can see, hear, and read the speech here.

SPEECH


Be Refreshed!

Proverb of the Day: Proverbs 21:3 To do what is right and just is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.

Scripture of the Day: Galatians 3:26-29 26You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Quote of the Day: "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." Marin Luther King, Jr.

No comments: