Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Big 5

I read this challenge today from a guy named Rick Grubbs. He was addressing redeeming the time in 2008. Here were his first two points:

1. Remember that for the Christian, goal setting is not a matter of inventing my own goals, but rather detecting what God's goals for me already are.

2.
If you need a quick way to get started setting goals, begin by listing "5 things I believe God wants me to do before I die." This can be a real eye opener and can have a profound impact on how we spend our time in 2008! Many of us will find a big difference between the 5 most important things we really desire to accomplish, and what we are actually doing in our daily routine.

January is just 26 days old, so it's not too late to redeem the time in 2008.

Be Refreshed!


Proverb of the Day: Proverbs 26:14 As a door turns on its hinges, so a sluggard turns on his bed.

Scripture of the Day: James 4:14 Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.

Quote of the Day: "Go the extra mile. It's never crowded." Unknown

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like something I will have to spend some time pondering. I can see how it would be a real eye opener.