Monday, January 14, 2008

As the Kingdom Advances...

A bittersweet weekend. Yesterday we anointed a young couple as they pursue God's calling on their lives. Today I head to Nixa, MO to pay respects for a pastor called home. I call some people "pastor" because that is their title (fellow co-laborers). Only a few I call "Pastor" out of honor, respect, and submission. Today I honor one of my "Pastors," Pastor Marvin Fulks.


I was privileged to serve under Pastor Marvin Fulks as youth pastor in Sandwich, IL. He and Karen had children older than me, but he was a spiritual father to me also as we served together. Many times young pastors buck up against their elders as they try to push ahead. Unfortunately we often miss much wisdom along the way. We had some great times together and walked through some rough times together, but hopefully I was a faithful shield bearer. Thank you Pastor Fulks for leaving an impression on my life. I honor you "Pastor."



Be Refreshed!

Proverb of the Day: Proverbs 14:2 He whose walk is upright fears the LORD, but he whose ways are devious despises him.

Scripture of the Day: Matthew 25:21 "His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'"

Quote of the Day: There is nothing more certain than death; nothing more uncertain than the time of dying. I will therefore be prepared for that at all times which may come at any time, must come at one time or another. I shall not hasten my death by being still ready, but sweeten it. It makes me not die the sooner, but the better. Andrew Warwick

No comments: