Friday, September 21, 2007

Thursday Night Lights


After a promising start to the KYFL football season last week, the Tigers fell hard last night 27-0. Jeremiah plays mostly on the offensive line and a little defense too. You can view more team pictures at:
http://tigerkyfl.blogspot.com/

He's #30 just in case you can't make the number out above.

You can also check out the Tigers schedule at:
http://www.kishfootball.com/schedule.htm

My high school in western IL, Payson Seymour, was too small for football, so I just nod a lot and say "good job!" There is a lot of old former glory days testosterone around the side lines though. I'm sure I'm not like that at basketball games am I?

2 of the boys and myself head down to the Royal Ranger Fall Roundup Campout tonight. I think we have 20+ going from Bethel. Camping seems like a lot of work just to sleep on the ground, but it will be a fun weekend to to hangout with all the little boys and big boys. I'll post some pictures later this weekend.

Be Refreshed!


Proverb of the Day: Proverbs 21:3 "To do what is right and just is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice."

Scripture of the Day: Acts 4:13 "When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus."

Quote of the Day: "Spirit filled souls are ablaze for God. They love with a love that glows. They serve with a faith that kindles. They serve with a devotion that consumes. They hate sin with fierceness that burns. They rejoice with a joy that radiates. Love is perfected in the fire of God." Samuel Chadwick

2 comments:

Shaun Carey said...

What year did you graduate from Payson? I have taught at Payson since 1993 and have enjoyed it immensely! By the way, we now coop with Unity for football.

William Mills said...

I graduated in 1984 and still have great memories of SHS. I heard my old basketball coach, Coach Rafferty, was back. Tell him I said hello and I hope to make a game this winter.