Friday, September 7, 2007

Day Four

Quite a mixed day today. Fridays are normally my day off. I was greeted by a van that wouldn't start. (fuel pump maybe?) But then Isaac's soccer team won 2-0 this evening. The big Sycamore-DeKalb football game is tonight, but we didn't get back from Elgin until late so we didn't make it. I really need to get finished with the walls for our remodeling project. The floors are possibly going in next weekend, so there may be some late nights next week to get all the other work done. Had hoped to get some done today, but got thrown off schedule with a down van.

Sunday is our big annual church picnic. I've jokingly started calling it our Back to Church Picnic. Every church has a different rhythm, but ours seems to be an August vacation church. Everything slows way down as we take a breather before fall. It's fun to get everyone home and kick off a fresh fall sermon series. The weather looks good for Sunday although we had to switch parks due to the flooding.

Be Refreshed!


Proverb of the Day: Proverbs 7:1-3 "My son, keep my words and store up my commands within you. Keep my commands and you will live; guard my teachings as the apple of your eye. Bind them on your fingers; write them on the tablet of your heart."

Scripture of the Day: Acts 4:13 "When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus."

Quote of the Day: "One hundred religious persons knit into a unity by careful organization do not constitute a church any more than eleven dead men make a football team. The first requisite is life, always." A. W. Tozer

No comments: