Thursday, March 20, 2008

Maundy Thursday

Today is a full day in the Holy Week. Traditionally many protestants have called this "Maundy Thursday" (the “Maundy”, from Latin mandatum, a commandment: “a new commandment I give to you, that ye love one another”). Some call it "Holy Thursday." Today Jesus washes the disciples' feet, institutes Communion at the Last Supper, goes through the agony in the Garden of Gethsemane, and is betrayed by Judas and arrested.

As the intensity of Holy week quickens today, I encourage you to take a little extra time away with God and meditate on His love and worship Him for His sacrifice.

Be Refreshed!

Proverb of the Day: Proverbs 20:9 Who can say, "I have kept my heart pure; I am clean and without sin"?

Scripture of the Day: John 13:31-35 31 When he [Judas] was gone, Jesus said, "Now is the Son of Man glorified and God is glorified in him. 32If God is glorified in him, God will glorify the Son in himself, and will glorify him at once. 33 "My children, I will be with you only a little longer. You will look for me, and just as I told the Jews, so I tell you now: Where I am going, you cannot come. 34 "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

Quote of the Day: "Men point to the sad incidents of human life on earth, and they ask “Where is the love of God?” God points to that Cross as the unreserved manifestation of love so inconceivably infinite as to answer every challenge and silence all doubt for ever. And that Cross is not merely the public proof of what God has accomplished; it is the earnest of all that He has promised." Sir Robert Anderson

No comments: