Saturday, March 15, 2008

Home Again

The last month has been on the run it feels like. Sonya in Russia 10 days. The work trip to East St. Louis. And now just home from 5 days in AR to see Sonya's brother Rodney off to Iraq for a tour with his National Guard unit. Passion Week may seem slow this year compared to the rest of the month.

Here's a picture of Sonya and Rodney the night before he left to go back to Mississippi where he's been at the last few months preparing to leave.

Please keep him in your prayers this next year. His projected tour is 9 months, but you never know. He's excited to go, but he is over 50+ soldiers so he's more worried about them. They will be based in Tallil and be working the convoys.

Here's my Arkansas quote from our trip: The temperature was 79 (yeah!) on Wednesday so we took the kids to the park for a few hours. Elizabeth was talking to a girl who Sonya's mom watches sometimes after school. The girl was talking about hunting and fishing. I asked her if she hunts and she said she went hunting last year. She said she had gone deer hunting with her dad. Oh yeah, she's 7. God Bless America!

Palm Sunday is tomorrow. I hope your spirit of anticipation is warmed and ready to worship. Worthy is our Lord!

Be Refreshed!

Proverb of the Day: Proverbs 15:19 The way of the sluggard is blocked with thorns, but the path of the upright is a highway.

Scripture of the Day: John 15:5-8 5 "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. 8 This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples."

Quote of the Day: "A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling 'darkness' on the wall of his cell..." C.S. Lewis

No comments: